Opportunities for you to be involved are available in Sydney, your city or online.
As our family of children grows in number, and our supporter numbers also grow, there are more activities needing to be done so we can better care for both groups. Our Sydney team seeks to continually improve the way we communicate our message to people so we can provide a means for sponsors to build relationships with their sponsor children or the project they are sponsoring.
There are some roles where you as a volunteer might be able to really help us. Why not join in and get involved? These are mainly in Sydney but some can be performed electronically from other locations. There are various administration activities that we would really appreciate some help with.
If you would like to consider being a part of our volunteer team please click the links to see what’s available. If you don’t see something that directly “hit’s a chord” then please email us and discuss what’s on your heart to help serve the children.
To talk about being a volunteer, helping us serve the ChinaHeart family, please use our contact form.
Principles of volunteering
ChinaHeart recognises the principles of volunteering created by Volunteering Australia in relation to our work with volunteers.
- Volunteering benefits the community and the volunteer.
- Volunteer work is unpaid.
- Volunteering is always a matter of choice.
- Volunteering is not compulsorily undertaken to receive pensions or government allowances.
- Volunteering is a legitimate way in which citizens can participate in the activities of their community.
- Volunteering is a vehicle for individuals or groups to address human, environmental and social needs.
- Volunteering is an activity performed in the not for profit sector only.
- Volunteering is not a substitute for paid work.
- Volunteers do not replace paid workers nor constitute a threat to the job security of paid workers.
- Volunteering respects the rights, dignity and culture of others.
- Volunteering promotes human rights and equality.
Sydney to China.